The Legal Services Department provides direct representation and legal advice in a variety of civil matters.
The goal of the department is to advocate for the legal rights of those living with HIV/AIDS in the Boston metropolitan area and throughout Massachusetts. We believe that access to legal services will allow our clients to live healthier and safer lives.
The Legal Services Department represents clients in a variety of civil matters, including those listed below. The department does not provide advice or representation in criminal cases.
- Housing: Evictions, conditions issues, security deposits, and public/subsidized housing denials/terminations.
- Reasonable Accommodations: Housing, employment, and public accommodations.
- Estate Planning: Drafting of wills, healthcare proxies, and powers of attorney.
- Social Security Benefits: Eligibility issues, termination of benefits, and overpayments.
- Consumer Debt Issues: Debt collection, student loans, and violations of G.L. c. 93A.
- Unemployment Benefits: Appeals, denials, and overpayments.
- Health Insurance: Appeals, denials, and terminations for public and private health insurance.
- HIPAA/Privacy: Disclosure of private or protected health information.
- Discrimination: Employment, housing, and public accommodations.
- Public Benefits: Appeals, denials, and overpayments.
You can contact the Legal Services Department by calling our Legal Intake Line at 857.313.6841 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You do not have to be a current client of Fenway Health or AIDS Action to contact us about legal advice and/or representation, but you must be eligible and be willing to complete the intake process to become a client.