At AIDS Action, we advocate for public policy that bolsters prevention and supports people already living with HIV/AIDS. We do this with certain core principles in mind:
- HIV prevention should be evidence-based, and public policy should only support the research and development of evidence-based approaches.
- People living with HIV/AIDS should have control over the disclosure of their health status, as HIV stigma and discrimination still persist.
- Public funding should be used to help treat people living with this disease.
Project ABLE Advocacy Day
Mark your calendars for March 10!
Project ABLE’s Advocacy Day is scheduled for Tuesday, March 10th, 2020 at the Grand Staircase of the Massachusetts State House from 10 am to 1 pm.
- Come at 10 am to register and have a continental breakfast.
- The speaking part of the program will go from 10:30 to 11:30.
- Plan to visit your legislators from 11:30 am to 1 pm.
- Making appointments with your legislators in advance is always recommended!
Find them here: https://malegislature.gov/search/findmylegislator
Please spread the word and organize your networks to come advocate for HIV/AIDS/HCV funding!
Feel free to email me with any questions – thank you!
We will post calls for action and opportunities to have your voice heard here. Please sign up to receive email notifications of Action Alerts so we can keep you informed.
To get information on who your legislators are, go to https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator