As one of several state-sanctioned and state-funded syringe exchange programs in Massachusetts, AIDS Action’s Access: Drug User Health Program distributes and exchanges syringes to people who inject drugs (PWID). Access: Drug User Health Program is one of the state’s pilot sites for the distribution of Narcan, a nasal spray provided to IDUs and their network of supportive family and friends to reverse potentially fatal overdoses.
As of January 2021 the Access program has expanded to offer additional services. In addition to needle exchange, harm reduction supplies, and Narcan we are conducting HIV/HCV/STI testing again. AND there is a now a weekly medical clinic, as well as walk-in behavioral health services.
The program also operates a drop-in center where members can access:
- Risk reduction supplies, such as crack kits, safer injection supplies, and condoms.
- Periodic risk reduction counseling—both group and individual services.
- Information and referrals to medical, substance use, and other social service providers.
Are you interested in a Narcan training for your organization?
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org detailing the name of your organization, how many people the training is for, and 3 possible days and times that you would like to have the training. please note due to COVID-19 all trainings are currently being conducted via Zoom
359 Green Street,
Cambridge, MA 02139
Hours of Operation
- Monday-Wednesday, Friday: 9 am-12 pm, 1 pm-4 pm
- Thursday: 9 am-12 pm
Offered both at the exchange and on outreach.
You can schedule a test by calling 857-313-6800 or walk in during exchange hours.
Call or text 617-470-0994
- Monday – Alewife, Porter, Davis, BU Bridge
- Tuesday: Egleston and Jackson Square
- Wednesday: Waltham and Everett
- Friday: Alewife, Malden
Come see Dr. Fleming for wound care, HIV/HCV/STI treatment, MAT services and more. Starting in February
come see our Public Health Nurse.
- Dr. Fleming: Wednesday 9 am-12:30 pm
- Nursing: TBD
Come to the exchange to talk with a Behavioral
Health Clinician via Zoom or phone call
- Monday-Wednesday, Friday: 1 pm-4 pm
- Thursday 9 am-12 pm